Did you know:
- That 1 in 5 small businesses will suffer a cyber breach this year?
- That 81% of all breaches happen to small and medium sized businesses?
- That 97% of breaches could have been prevented with today’s technology?
When it comes to network and data security in Toledo and Northwest Ohio, it is easy for small businesses to say “not me” and “they are only after the big guys.” The reality is that attacks on small business networks have been increasing yearly as hackers have become more sophisticated and begun shifting their attacks from big companies to smaller businesses with relaxed or non-existent security policies. Small professional services firms like lawyers, accountants, financial planners, and medical offices have been especially targeted by hackers. Many companies with less than 25 employees are having to pay hackers thousands of dollars to get their own customer data back or even finding customer data they promised to protect out on the Internet!!! And a lot of this is because of what’s called a “phishing attack” where one of your employees unwittingly clicks on something in an email or online that gives the hacker access to your network. Can you swear on a bible that none of your employees would ever click something in an email? Are you sure? One email is all it takes and your business could be closing its doors.
There are a number of ways Vanguard Technologies in Ohio and Michigan including Toledo, Monroe, Sylvania, and Bowling Green helps to ensure that you are at minimum risk:
- Security Assessments - We can perform a security assessment to make sure you’re protected.
- Spam blocking – We can implement filtering to keep the spam and viruses out of your email – even if you use Office 365.
- Passwords – We can apply password security policies to your network to minimize the change of an employee password being hacked.
- Security Awareness Training– Vanguard’s Security Awareness web based training program trains your employees, provides regular updates, and routinely tests their knowledge of phishing emails.
- Computer Security – Antivirus is outdated and can no longer keep up. We provide Sentinel One and Cyren cyber security software that the largest companies like Wal-Mart use – affordable and monitored 24/7 by a Security Operations Center.
- Multi-Factor Authentication – Passwords are on their way out. We can help implement a layer of protection that protects you when when your passwords gets stolen.
- Computer Updates - Keeping computers and network equipment updated is one of the most effective steps to preventing a possible network security issue.
- Dark Web Research – We scan the Dark Web and take action to protect your business from stolen passwords that have been posted for sale.
- Firewall - A common mistake in small to medium business networks is the lack of a business grade firewall solution. Our Unified Threat Management firewalls are affordable and designed to provide the protection small businesses need.
- Incident Management System- Our EventTracker Incident Management tool alerts when hackers are trying to access your network and alerts the 24/7 Security Operations Center.
- Encryption – We can encrypt your servers, desktops, and mobile devices to protect your data in case of theft or loss.
- Backup – Our Datto backup devices backup your data hourly to a local system and in the cloud for near-instant recovery anywhere, anytime.
- Cyber Security insurance – Our clients can get $500,000 of cyber liability insurance for $475.
No matter the size of your business, network and cyber security is a definite requirement for every business in the digital age. If you are worried or unsure of where to start with an internal security audit, our team can help get you on track.